Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

January 9, 2007

Michelle wrote down her first recipe today and she made caramel popcorn. It was very tasty. Aunt M~ helped her while I taught/sat in on one of my Key of Liberty classes in the basement.

Spielberg made a lot of comments during class today and I sure enjoyed him. He went shopping for scout winter camp gear with B~ tonight. We talked for about an hour after I got back from my Thomas Jefferson Basic Training Course class by Diann Jeppson and Jody Palmer. He told me all about every subject and everything that was happening at school. He said he was a little bit Lincoln-sick, meaning he missed the school he was at last year. In fact, he went over there after school one day to visit - he found that a lot of his friends from last year weren't still there. He really has a lot of curiosity and natural desire to learn. I hope to make it fun for him when he's home for school.

Ellie had a tumble today. She woke up from her nap very messy - her diaper had leaked all up her onto her back so I put her in the tub. I had just removed her shirt and turned on the water. I used a few wipes to clean her off a bit before washing her up She reached for some tub toys and slipped. She fell on the drain, bumping her cheekbone and right under the running water. It really scared her and it was the shortest bath she has ever taken. She has quite a bruise by her right eye. She has been very interested in looking at books lately - I am teaching her the sign for book and she's catching on. Her favorite book right now is about Baby Mickey Mouse - not quite a classic, but she loves it. Whenever we read scriptures, she points at the words and babbles along with whoever is reading. All the kids crack up and we usually have to put her to bed while we read.

Nicole just loves Ellie and is always kissing her. Nicole vacuumed all the dropped pine needles of the upper stairs - leftovers from the Christmas garland. What a good worker!

Tyler seems to be feeling better today and enjoyed the music. He got a kick out of the vacuum too. He is breathing very loud - I wonder why. He is starting to  have a difficult time urinating but he doesn't have a fever.

Tonight at the TJed class we did a vision quest. It was a very interesting experience. I will briefly relate mine. We imagined ourselves at a comfortable place (mine was the beach). It was a warm day with turquoise waster, gulls and waves rolling in. I was in a beach chair reading and enjoying the horizon. We were told to envision a doorway with no door. It had stairs going down, at the bottom we were presented with three doors. On the right was a red door - it felt hot- too hot to touch and behind it you could feel anger and pain. Upon opening the door you were to see the most horrible painful thing you could imagine. I saw Tyler in a casket, meaning he had died. I was overcome with grief and tried to stifle my sobs. Then we were told that our family came in. We all comforted each other and found strength together. We might not be finished, but we had to leave. Then we closed the door.

In front of us was a blue door and behind it was coolness and a feeling of distance. It was freezing to the touch. When I opened it, I was told to envision a community I saw what I thought was my extended family - maybe living relatives and then without seeing any faces I had the feeling they were other deaf blind families. Somehow that doesn't seem right either. Maybe they were ancestors - it seemed they were standing in a mist and in similar clothes almost as if they were transparent. We were told to imagine our family coming  in too. I'm not sure what we did specifically, but it felt like we gave strength and support there. We were to leave our family there and close the door.

The next door the one on the left was a yellow door and behind it pure joy. We opened the door and saw our family inside, enjoying each other. I imagined Tyler as able-bodied and B~ was tickling the kids and playing with them. When I stepped in the room, I had the feeling of, "Oh no what are you going to make us do now?" and then just as suddenly we were all enjoying a very peaceful loving time while I was reading to the children. I don't really remember what B~ was doing at this time.

Then it was time to leave. I faced the stairs and could see a light at the top, I was drawn toward it. At the top of the stairs, someone greeted me. It was Tyler all grown up and he put his right hand on my shoulder. His left hand he put into a pouch he was wearing and pulled out an object which he handed to me. I couldn't really make out what that object was but it seemed that I caught a glimpse of a silver bead (like the kind on my watch) but I had the impression that it was part of a chain or strand. I wonder if it was my watch - hmm. Then he put his left hand on my shoulder and pulled me to him and embraced me. Then he turned me away from him, and I was facing a path and the horizon.



There are many more details to this experience, bit I tried to keep it brief.

No comments: