Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

November 10, 2006

Well, I'm back. I was right - nothing new or significant on my MRI that requires surgery. Although they did comment on the neck injury I have (most likely from a car wreck when I was just out of high school).

They ordered 200 MCI does of Radioactive Iodine which I took on Wednesday about 4:30 PM. I stayed in hospital about 48 hours. The first day I measured 32 rads at meter. Nobody took a reading on Thursday, but Friday, at 2 today,  I measured 3.8 rads at one meter. Ideally I should measure .8 before I hold Ellie or Ty for any length of time. I'll go back in on Wednesday for another reading.

I've been taking Benadryl again because of my allergy to iodine. I still have my sense of taste, but I expect it to go in the next coupe of days. As far as other symptoms I'm just starting to feel the bone pain more often and my eyes are a bit drier. the main effect is supposed to be lowering my immune system. It tends to interfere with your bone marrow.

I don't think I'll have to do another treatment after this - here's hoping anyway. I hope I sleep better here than  at the hospital, and I hope the damage to my salivary glands is minimal.

No comments: